Sometimes I like to pretend that I’m on a reality TV cooking show where the challenge is to come up with a meal on the spot using whatever ingredients I can find in my kitchen. Sure, it’s a lot of pressure, but I like to live life on the edge…
It is very possible that by the end of the episode I will end up with a hot-mess-of-a-meal that I must choke down simply for nourishment. But once in a while, I’ll strike gold.
Such was the case with Warm Salmon Potato Salad. I needed to come up with a quick bite for lunch with little more than a bag of baby potatoes on hand. I started boiling the potatoes, then mixed up a quick Dijon vinaigrette. I drained the potatoes and coated them in the dressing along with a can of salmon and a handful of arugula. I was in a rush, so I ate it warm. It was magical.
Simple ingredients and low prep time makes this a perfect recipe ideal for a quick side or even a full meal.
Add the potatoes to a pot with enough cold water to cover, along with a pinch of salt. Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes, until they are fork tender.
While the potatoes are boiling, whisk together some avocado oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir in some fresh chives and parsley.
Drain the potatoes and add them to the mixing bowl along with the canned salmon, arugula, and green onions. Gently toss to combine everything.
Season with a little more salt and pepper to taste and serve warm. Enjoy!
- 1.5 pounds baby yellow potatoes, cut in half
- (1) 6 oz. can of salmon
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the mixing bowl along with the salmon, arugula, green onions, chives, and parsley. Gently toss until the potatoes are well dressed. Serve warm.