There’s something wonderful about the combination of tahini and sweet potatoes. I find the balance of bitter and sweet tastes to be nothing but pleasure for the palate.
These Turkey n’ Tahini Stuffed Sweet Potatoes manage to wrap all this incredible flavor into a tasty little package. The addition of a well-spiced ground turkey mixture adds protein and texture. Preparing them is easy peasy, and they store well to reheat for a quick meal later.
I lovingly refer to them as TNT Sweet Potatoes…because they’re dyn-o-mite!
Poke your sweet potatoes with a fork all over and rub them down with some olive oil. Roast in a 400°F oven directly on the rack for 50-60 minutes until tender (hot tip: throw some aluminum foil underneath to catch any drippings).
Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add a chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 7-8 minutes.´
Meanwhile, add one pound of ground turkey along with some minced garlic, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cook until the turkey browned and no longer pink.
For the tahini sauce, whisk together 1/4 cup of tahini with 1/3 cup of warm water, a minced garlic clove, lemon juice, and salt.
Once the potatoes are done, carefully cut them open and stuff with the turkey mixture. Drizzle a healthy amount tahini sauce on top and garnish with fresh parsley and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh parsley
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and lightly rub with olive oil. Roast directly on the oven rack for 50-60 minutes, until extremely tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the ground turkey, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Cook until the turkey has brown and is no longer pink, about 8-9 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together all the tahini dressing ingredients, adding more warm water if necessary until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and carefully cut in half. Stuff with the turkey mixture and top with a healthy amount of tahini dressing, parsley and sesame seeds. Enjoy!