Sometimes I can see the finish line, but I don’t know how I’m going to make it there. That’s when I reach for a couple Paleo Sesame Power-Bawlz. These no-bake, protein-packed tasty balls of goodness never fail to give me the boost I need to succeed.
I love the fact that they are breeze to make, storable in the freezer, and taste like angel poop.
To get started, combine some cashew butter, honey, coconut oil, and sea salt in a small saucepan. Gently heat for a few minutes until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add in some sesame seeds, ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, and sugar-free dried blueberries. Mix well, then refrigerate for about half an hour.
Take heaping tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls, and coat in more sesame seeds. Transfer the balls to a parchment-lined tray and refrigerate them for another half hour.
You can store your Paleo Sesame Power-Bawlz in the freezer for up to 3 months. After freezing, just defrost your bawlz in the refrigerator for a few hours before consuming them or, if you are too impatient, you can eat them frozen (usually what I do). Enjoy!
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries (sugar-free)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds + more for coating
- In a small saucepan, combine the cashew butter, honey, coconut oil, and salt. Gently heat until the mixture is smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cashew butter mixture with the remaining ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take heaping spoonfuls of the mixture, roll into balls, and coat in more sesame seeds. Transfer the balls to a parchment-lined tray and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To prevent sticking, wet your hands with water before rolling the mixture into balls.