If you a looking to spice up your mornings a little bit, do I have a treat for you: cardamom coffee. Cardamom coffee is enjoyed by several countries in the Middle East. By simply adding a few green cardamom seeds to your coffee grounds, you can impart an unique and incredible flavor to your brew.
This recipes blends the cardamom coffee with ghee, coconut oil, and vanilla, to create a rich and frothy drink loaded with healthy fat. It is tailored for a 34 oz french press, but you can prepare your coffee using any method you choose. Just add 2-3 green cardamom pods for every cup of coffee that you’re brewing.
- 60 grams roasted coffee beans
- 34 oz water
- 8-10 green cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind the beans and add them to a french press.
- Crack 8-10 green cardamom pods and add them to the coffee grounds.
- Using a kettle or stove top, heat the water to approximately 200°F (optimal temperature for flavor extraction). Pour the water into the french press, cover, and brew for 4 minutes.
- Press the coffee and pour it into a blender. Add the ghee, coconut oil, and vanilla. Blend for at least 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can brew coffee by any other method of your choosing. Just add 2-3 cardamom pods for each cup of coffee.